Congratulations on 100 weeks of "playing in the dishes!"
What a treat it is for me to have this blog "up and running" in time to join the celebration over at Between Naps on the Porch. 100 weeks of tablescaping ... How fun is that?!!!
My Tablescape Thursday debut is all about SPARKLE! If we were celebrating a 100 YEAR anniversary, the gemstone would be a diamond -- actually a 10K diamond! Now that would provide a lot of sparkle -- and that was my inspiration...
When I think of "sparkle," I immediately think of bright white linens and cut crystal with touches of blue and silver. To stretch myself a little, this time I threw in a bit of pink. What do you think?
Then I started layering: a ribbed glass charger and a floral china dinner plate ...
... clear glass plates with silver overlay, a crystal and silver coaster, and tiny platinum-banded stemware.
Next I placed the iced tea and water goblets ...
... set out the flatware and napkins (with crystal napkin rings) ...
... added a couple of accent pieces with silver overlay ...
... tucked in a vintage salt cellar (with the tiniest glass spoon!) ... and sprinkled mirror tile "confetti" on the table.
Finally, it was time to add the "over the top" sparkle -- and a little something for each of my guests. Do you see what it is?
How about this?
A vintage handkerchief cushions the "10K diamond" paperweight and adds a smile of sparkle to each place setting. Now we wait for our guests to arrive ...
Night has fallen and candles are lit as we announce, "dinner is served."
A wonderful time was had by all! Let's do it again next week ...
These items are available in my Etsy store. Click to go there!
Click to see this item I'm selling on eBay:
* Mikasa crystal candlesticks
Items from my personal collection:
* White damask tablecloth - auction several years ago
* Cut crystal bowls - various auctions years ago
* Crystal candlesticks - various sources over the years
* Ribbed charger plates - auction several years ago
* Small silver overlay plates - auction several years ago
* Oneida "Michelangelo" flatware - estate sale several years ago
* Mikasa "Helena" crystal goblets - Christmas gift almost 20 years ago
* Crystal napkin rings - auction several years ago
* Compote with silver overlay - antique store years ago
* Mirror tiles - Michaels (or Hobby Lobby) years ago
* "Diamond" paperweights - Hobby Lobby last week (on sale for $2 each)
Are you beginning to see a pattern? I pick up a lot of pretties at auction! If you want to learn more about auctions and how to purchase at an auction, I invite you to start following my blog. I'm beginning an entire section called "How To: Auctions"